New dental technologies
It simply doesn’t make sense to become “stuck in the past” when new dental technologies are being introduced every day. On the other hand, I would never introduce any technology that I hadn’t extensively studied, tested and considered first.
Conventional dentistry meant pouring plaster into molds that might have been distorted depending on how precisely the patient bit down on the material. In addition the impression materials tended to be gooey and unpleasant and could cause gagging. We use two new technologies to improve the experience and results.
- CADENT – ITERO laser scanner takes precise laser images of your teeth and resolves them into a 3D model. The model is instantly transmitted to a high tech lab in Tel Aviv where the images are enhanced to perfection. This flawless image goes to milling experts in New Jersey where an identical model is made out of durable acrylic. It is then shipped to our chosen laboratory technician. This chain of expertise allows us to make better fitting complex restorations such as multiple units comprised of bridges, crowns, and so forth with less hassle for you.
- When finished, the final restoration is sent to us, and we place it into your mouth.
For same day appointment treatment on a single tooth, we rely on CEREC 3D.
CEREC 3D is a godsend for people who hate biting into uncomfortable, messy impression materials or wearing ill-fitting temporary caps. Basically, this technique allows us to design and make your onlay, inlay or crown right there in the office on a computer, so you don’t need to wait or wear a “temporary crown.’ Using a special camera, we take a digital picture of the tooth resulting in an exact 3D replica of every surface. Like the designers who make movie magic, we view the image on a computer screen and shape it digitally to the perfect size and structure. Our office milling machine uses this data to cut and smooth the porcelain restoration to the exact dimensions we’ve designed. We also custom color and glaze the new restoration to match your natural teeth while you wait.
- DIAGNO DENT LASER CARIES has proven extremely useful for early detection of tooth decay. This device sends a tiny beam of light gliding over teeth to reveal cavities of any size, even those that have just started.
- Our DIODE LASER is painless, bloodless device for trimming gums and removing small growths from the mouth. I prefer using this precise and pain-free alternative to the scalpel.
- Remember our commitment to superior anesthesia? Our COMPUDENT MICROPROCESSOR CONTROLLED ANESTHESIA DELIVERY MACHINE makes the injection more controlled and comfortable.
- EASY SHADE SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC SHADE MATCHING provides an amazing baseline measurement for artistic matching porcelains or fillings. I’m getting the most realistic and natural results with the help of this remarkable aid.
- ELECTRONIC RECORDS are key to our 21st century operations. Notes, records and images are stored digitally so that our office can share records with lab partners or other doctors. At your request we will send paperless charts to and from your other providers or file claims for you with your insurance office.